- This event has passed.
Data Hub Sessions: Leveraging next-generation AI to generate HD Maps at scale
May 29, 2019 @ 11:50 am - 1:00 pm
Ecopia Tech Corporation (Ecopia.ai), a partner in the Waterloo Regional Technology Development Site (RTDS), is an industry-leading artificial intelligence company that specializes in extracting insight from geospatial big data. Ecopia’s intelligent systems leverage advancements in machine learning to convert high-resolution imagery (satellite, aerial, drone, etc.) of the earth into HD (high definition) Vector Maps.
This Communitech Data Hub Session will cover the following:
- What are HD Vector Maps?
- How machine learning is used to create these maps
- How industries are using HD Vector Maps
- HD Vector Maps for Connected Autonomous Vehicles (C/AVs)
- Challenges in creating HD Vector Maps
- The Autonomous Vehicle Innovation Network (AVIN)
- The Waterloo Region HD Map and Data Platform