Apply for a program
AVIN programs support small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) to develop, test and validate innovative technologies and connect them with partners to advance the commercialization of products and solutions.
Supporting innovative solutions
Each AVIN program supports the development and demonstration of automotive technologies and mobility solutions such as connected and autonomous vehicles (C/AVs), in areas such as:
- Commercially ready technologies for application in mass light vehicles (cars, trucks and vans)
- Heavy duty vehicles (commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles, and others used for goods movement)
- Transportation infrastructure
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS)
- Transit-supportive systems and vehicles
Successful applicants can have up to one-third of their project’s funding covered by AVIN.
SMEs must work with an industry partner, or in some cases, an academic partner, to help bring their technology closer to commercialization.
AV R&D Partnership Fund, Stream 1
This program is ideal for small- and medium-sized companies that require co-investment and the support of strategic partners to develop and test automotive and smart mobility technologies.
AV R&D Partnership Fund, Stream 2
This program is ideal for small- and medium sized companies requiring more significant co-investment and the support of strategic partners to bring their technologies to market.
AVIN’s talent development program supports students and recent graduates of Ontario colleges and universities to apply their knowledge and expertise on automotive technologies and smart mobility solutions.
Ontario’s extreme climate provides a unique test bed for companies to develop and test winter weather–related technologies.
Program Status and Submission Deadline:
- Talent Development program:
✓ Open for Applications (accepted at any time)
- AV Research and Development (R&D) Partnership Fund – Stream 1:
✓ Open for Applications (accepted on a rolling basis)
- AV Research and Development (R&D) Partnership Fund – Stream 2 & WinterTech Development Program:
|EOI Submission Deadline||July 21, 2020|
|EOI Results and Invitation for Full Application||September 3, 2020|
|Full Application Submission for BDM Endorsement||October 1, 2020|
|Full Application Review Meeting||October 14, 2020|