Experts in the automotive and mobility sector share their thoughts and ideas via in-depth webinars.
Business Resiliency and Innovation during the COVID-19 Pandemic
In this webinar, OCE and InnovÉÉ sat down with two SMEs from Ontario and Quebec to learn how they have shown resiliency in the face of the pandemic through innovative mobility solutions. Drawing on their success stories, experts from Pantonium Inc. and Jalon Mtl. will break down how companies can navigate through crises, build efficiency into their structures and create meaningful outcomes.
• Richard Blundell, Head of Strategy, Pantonium Inc.
• Mickael Brard, Urban Mobility Consultant, Jalon Mtl.
January 21, 2021
Exploring capital in the public markets
This webinar fcused on opportunities for financing in the public capital markets. The panel of experts discussed:
• Receptiveness of our capital markets with regard to innovative tech companies and the impact of COVID-19
• Why certain companies are opting to go public (whether it’s before, or instead of, a sale of the company)
• Opportunities for raising financing from public market investors
• Planning required for a successful IPO down the road
Moderator: Manoj Pundit, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
• Richard Nathan, Senior Managing Director, Kensington
• Myles Hiscock, Managing Director, Tech Banking, Canaccord Genuity
• Brent Layton, Managing Director and Co-Head of Tech Investment Banking, CIBC
August 20, 2020
Raising Financing during Turbulent Times
The first webinar in the series discussed the financing options available to start-up and pre-seed companies. Speaking with a panel of expert, the discussion outlined funding strategies and explore opportunities for enterprises to successfully secure funding as they face the challenges of current market realities.
Moderator: Manoj Pundit, Partner, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP.
Speakers:• Ray Sharma, Founder & CEO, Extreme Venture Partners
• Sanjiv Samant, Founder & Managing Partner, Round13
• Shiva Bhardwaj, CEO, Pitstop Connect
• Eva Lau, Founding and General Partner, Two Small Fish Ventures
June 23, 2020
Cybersecurity for CAVs
This webinar discussed the emerging CAV cybersecurity risks and impacts, while highlighting the types of innovations being developed to meet these complex challenges.
Moderator: Sherin Abdelhamid, Technical Advisor, Automotive and Mobility Innovation, OCE
Speaker: Noemi Chanda, Senior Manager, Data Protection and Privacy, Deloitte
February 25, 2020
Autonomous Vehicles Reshaping the Future
Learn more about the anticipated shifts that AVs will bring to various sectors of our economy.
Speaker: Sherin Abdelhamid, Technical Advisor, Automotive and Mobility Innovation, OCE
November 28, 2019