AV R&D Partnership Fund, Stream 2
Receive co-investment of up to $1 million toward the development and demonstration of your automotive and smart mobility technology project.
The AV R&D Partnership Fund, Stream 2 supports projects related to the development and demonstration of technologies in the automotive and mobility sector, such as connected and autonomous vehicles (C/AV), in the following priority areas:
- Mass light vehicles, such as cars, trucks and vans
- Heavy duty vehicles, including commercial vehicles, trucks, buses, recreational vehicles (RVs), and others used for goods movement
- Transportation infrastructure
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS)
- Transit-supportive systems and vehicles
For eligible project applicants and partners:
- Commercialization of Ontario-made technologies
- Demonstration of Ontario-made technologies to potential customers
- Relationships with researchers to extend company R&D
- Marketable solutions to current challenges
- Public/private partnerships
- Increased road safety
- Better road condition monitoring
- Better collection and analysis of transportation-related information
- Innovative new products and services to reduce driver distraction
- Reduced environmental and carbon footprint
How co-investment works
The AV R&D Partnership Fund, Stream 2 supports approved projects with up to $1,000,000 in funding over a maximum of 24 months. All funds must be matched by a minimum 2:1 cash from applicants and/or partners.
An application to Stream 2 can also embed a funding request for interns and fellows from the AVIN Talent Development program.
- Minimum one applicant and a partner (an applicant is an SME defined as having fewer than 500 full-time employees) with a minimum 2:1 cash match by applicants and/or partners
- Applicants and partners are required to have operations in Ontario and carry out their projects in the province
- Projects last up to 24 months in duration
- This program is not intended to prove feasibility or for basic technology research. Projects should be at Technology Readiness Level 3-7.
- Typical project activities include technology development, demonstration, product/service validation, testing and proof of concept
- Small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- National and multinational enterprises (NEs and MNEs)
- Publicly funded post-secondary academic institutions
- Indigenous communities
- Not-for-profit organizations
Projects must be carried out between one SME, the applicant and one partner from the Participants list. Additional partners can also join the project. For Stream 2, publicly funded post-secondary institutions cannot act as Applicants. There is no limit on the number of partners. Partnerships should represent significant potential commercial opportunities for all industry applicants and partners.
How to apply
Stream 2 of the AV R&D Partnership program contains two stages: an expression of interest (EOI) and a full application.
To begin the EOI submission process, please complete a client intake form. An OCE Business Development Manager (BD) will contact you to discuss the opportunity and assist you with developing your EOI.